Terms & Conditions
Charter Manager Captain's Choice Pty. Ltd. (ACN 063 895 876, ABN 82 063 895 876) trading as Antarctica Flights and Captain’s Choice, Level 4, 1230 Nepean Highway, Cheltenham, Victoria 3192, Australia.
Charter Airline Qantas Airways Limited has been contracted as the operating airline. However, Qantas is not involved in the organisation of the flights.
Deposit and Final Payments A non-refundable AU$300 deposit per passenger is due at the time of booking. Final payment of your booking balance is required 8 weeks prior to your departure date. Please note if you are booking online, full payment is required at time of booking.
Fares All fares and charges are per person in Australian dollars.
Photo identification is required upon check-in e.g. Valid drivers licence, passport or equivalent.
Cancellation Fees Should your Antarctica Flight not be able to depart due to government restrictions with coronavirus, a full refund will be provided. If you cancel, the following fees will apply;
1. Between confirmation and 56 days prior to departure – full refund less AU$300 per passenger cancellation fee.
2. Between 55 days and 28 days prior to departure – full refund less 50% cancellation fee.
3. Between 27 days and departure date – no refund.
Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Please contact our team if you are interested.
Amendment/Transfer Your ticket can be transferred to another person up to 24 hours prior to departure. An AU$100 name change service fee per change will apply. This same service fee will apply for change of class.
Travel Credit Passengers will require a contactless temperature test before embarking the aircraft. Those people with
a fever (38oC or higher) will be denied boarding, but, will receive a travel credit for a future Antarctica Flight to the value of their ticket.
Travel Documents Trip information and travel documents will be forwarded to you approximately 2-3 weeks prior to travel, providing full payment has been received.
Seat Numbers Will not be confirmed in advance of the flight. They will be issued on your boarding pass at the departure airport.
Force Majeure Force Majeure means the occurrence of an event that is beyond Antarctica Flights reasonable control and which could not have
been reasonably prevented by Antarctica Flights, which includes, but is not limited to: (a) war, armed conflict, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial
dispute, terrorist activity or the threat of any such acts; (b) natural disaster (including but not limited to flooding, fire, earthquake, landslide), adverse weather conditions; (c) nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental pollution or contamination; or (d) change in law, meaning, enactment, amendment (including repeal) in the law
or administration of any law in Australia or any jurisdiction or territory relevant to the booking contract, which includes changes in statute, regulation, determination, bylaw, declaration, licence and the common law as applicable from time to time, including changes or amendments in regulations or access to services, sites or countries
caused by declared epidemic or pandemic events.
Termination of Booking Contract or Change of Travel Arrangements Due to Force Majeure If Antarctica Flights, in its reasonable opinion, considers
that any Force Majeure event prevents Antarctica Flights (whether directly or through its employees, contractors, subcontractors and agents) from lawfully
or safely providing any products or services subject of the booking contract with you, Antarctica Flights may immediately by written notice: (a) terminate the
booking contract (in whole or in part); or (b) change your travel arrangements as reasonably practicable to ensure your safety and invoice you for any additional costs.
Limitation of Liability in the Event of Force Majeure In the event of a Force Majeure event making it impossible or unsafe for Antarctica Flights to deliver all or part of the holiday package, Antarctica Flights will refund the customer for the unperformed part of the holiday package less any reasonable losses incurred before cancellation. Losses may amount to a substantial proportion of the booking price. Antarctica Flights will use reasonable endeavours to minimise losses incurred by our guests. Customers must take out travel insurance to protect themselves against loss in these circumstances.
Limitation of Liability
1. Our holiday packages include the services of independent providers, such as airlines and other operators, who are not agents, servants or employees of Antarctica Flights. Although we take care in selecting the independent service providers, Antarctica Flights is not responsible for the conduct of the independent service providers, their servants
and agents or for any ramifications of that conduct.
2. If, in the opinion of any representative of Antarctica Flights, your mental or physical condition, or general behaviour is such as to affect your own health and safety, render you incapable to care for yourself, cause you to become a hazard to yourself or other passengers or result in you becoming objectionable to other passengers or staff, you will
not be permitted to embark or continue on the whole or any part of the holiday package. Antarctica Flights representatives are empowered to ask guests to depart a holiday package if they are displaying known COVID-19 symptoms. Abuse or harassment of any kind toward crew, contracted suppliers or other guests may result in immediate removal from a holiday package. Antarctica Flights is not liable to you for any costs associated with such decision and you will not be refunded for any part of the holiday package.
3. Antarctica Flights accepts no responsibility for any death, injury, illness, loss (including loss of enjoyment), damage, detention or delay (including mechanical breakdown) beyond its control.
4. Any term, condition or warranty express or implied by statute or otherwise in respect of the holiday packages are excluded to the full extent permitted by law. Nothing in these booking conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as amended, consolidated, supplemented or replaced.
5. To the full extent permitted by law, Antarctica Flights liability arising under or in connection with these booking conditions: (a) is limited to the resupply of the products or services or the payment of the cost of resupply of the products or services to you; and (b) excludes liability for any indirect or consequential losses suffered by you or any third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to pure economic loss or any special, extraordinary or punitive damage to you or any other party.
6. Your travel agent will forward deposits and other payments to us on your behalf, but your travel agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of deposits and subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by us and the travel agent has no authority expressed or implied to receive monies on our behalf. There is no liability on the part of Antarctica Flights in respect to any monies paid to your travel agent, unless and until Antarctica Flights notifies you (by way of a booking confirmation advice or payment receipt advice) that monies have been received by Antarctica Flights. Antarctica Flights reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by Antarctica Flights within the specified time.
7. The photographs appearing in the brochure and on the website are representational only and are not a guarantee that everything will be exactly as depicted at the location upon arrival. Whilst every endeavour will be made to adhere to the proposed route, weather conditions may determine the actual route, according to the absolute discretion of the Captain of the aircraft. No guarantee can be given of clear viewing conditions and no refund or part refund will be made if the views are fully or partially obscured. Alternative routes will be selected to give the best viewing if the planned route has unfavourable weather conditions.
Governing rule The charter proposal set out herein and the participants’ acceptance by completion of the registration form creates an agreement between
the Charter Manager and the participants subject to the law of the State of Victoria. The registration forms part of this documentation.
Special note A Qantas 787 aircraft will operate all flights; however, other Qantas aircraft may be substituted without notice. Frequent flyer points do not apply. Depending on prevailing weather conditions the points of interest viewed may vary. Alternative flight paths may enable viewing of many spectacular points of interest but clear views cannot
Photos/videos Photographs or videos of the flight may be used for promotional purposes. Agreeing to these terms online and acceptance of the documents indicates your acceptance and release for this material to be used for promotional and/or resale purposes.
Airline levy Airline fuel and/or security levies may apply.
Reservations may be made with Antarctica Flights and Licensed Travel Agents
Antarctica Flights: Level 4, 1230 Nepean Highway,
Cheltenham, Victoria 3192, Australia.
Freecall: 1800 633 449
International Phone: +61 3 8526 2301