BEFORE YOU BOOK
Fares All fares and charges are per person in Australian dollars.
Deposit and Final Payments A non-refundable AU$300 deposit per passenger is due at the time of booking. Final payment of your booking balance is required 8 weeks prior to your departure date. Payment in full is required at the time of booking for reservations made within the final payment period. Please note if you are booking online, full payment is required at time of booking.
Antarctica Flights reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or, refuse to honour any price or carry any passenger where payment has not been received by Antarctica Flights within the specified time. If a reservation cannot be confirmed, all monies will be refunded.
Airline Deposits and Payments The deposit shown above excludes any commercial airline payments, should Antarctica Flights be arranging commercial flights to/from your Antarctica Flight. The required payments and payment schedule for flights will be advised by your Guest Relations consultant.
Travelling with Minors Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Included in Holiday Package Price All travel, sightseeing, Qantas international meal and beverage service, taxes and the services of a Flight Manager are included in your package price.
Not Included in Holiday Package Price Travel insurance, items of a purely personal nature and any other items not mentioned.
Passengers Needing Special Assistance Antarctica Flights welcomes passengers with disabilities or special needs however, please note the following:
1. Any disability or medical condition requiring special attention must be reported to Antarctica Flights at the time of booking including all important information relating to your health, mobility and fitness. Any changes to health, mobility and fitness must also be reported to Antarctica Flights as soon as possible and prior to departure. Where possible Antarctica Flights will make reasonable adjustments to accommodate your special needs however, it cannot do so if the adjustment required would be unreasonable in all of the circumstances, including if such adjustments would affect your safety and/or the safety and/or enjoyment of other passengers.
2. If you require special assistance or care (such as pushing a wheelchair or assistance with walking or hearing emergency alarms unaided), you must travel with a companion capable of providing the required assistance or care. Please be aware that Antarctica Flights does not provide personal assistance.
3. While Antarctica Flights will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled passengers, it is not responsible for any denial of services by any third party entities it has travel arrangements with, such as Qantas or other independent suppliers, or for any additional associated expenses charges by those parties.
Travel Insurance Travel Insurance is not included in your holiday package. For your protection, it is strongly recommended that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance when paying your deposit, that includes (without limitation) coverage for the full cost of your holiday package, medical expenses, impossibility of performance or other frustration, disruption, loss of deposit or strikes.
Special Requests Where a special request (e.g. diet, flight seat requests and/or particular meals) is an important factor in your choice of holiday, you must advise us when your booking is made. Antarctica Flights will pass your request onto Qantas but cannot guarantee that it will be accommodated. The provision of any special request does not constitute a term of your contract with us. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
Credit & Debit Card Surcharges If you pay Antarctica Flights by credit card, surcharges will apply. In the case of credit cards a surcharge of between 1.15% and 1.7% (depending on the card used), will be added to the holiday package.
Accuracy Antarctica Flights has endeavoured to ensure that the information provided is correct to the best of its knowledge at the time of publication. However, advertised descriptions and facilities and prices may change after publication. We recommend that you confirm the details of your chosen holiday package at the time of booking. Additionally, flight times and routes are given for guidance only as there may be changes. Antarctica Flights will endeavour to notify you of any significant changes prior to your departure.
Force Majeure Force Majeure means the occurrence of an event that is beyond Antarctica Flights reasonable control and which could not have been reasonably prevented by Antarctica Flights, which includes, but is not limited to: (a) war, armed conflict, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity or the threat of any such acts; (b) natural disaster (including but not limited to flooding, fire, earthquake, landslide), adverse weather conditions; (c) nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental pollution or contamination; or (d) change in law, meaning, enactment, amendment (including repeal) in the law or administration of any law in Australia or any jurisdiction or territory relevant to the booking contract, which includes changes in statute, regulation, determination, bylaw, declaration, licence and the common law as applicable from time to time, including changes or amendments in regulations or access to services, sites or countries caused by declared epidemic or pandemic events.
Termination of Booking Contract or Change of Travel Arrangements Due to Force Majeure If Antarctica Flights, in its reasonable opinion, considers that any Force Majeure event prevents Antarctica Flights (whether directly or through its employees, contractors, subcontractors and agents) from lawfully or safely providing any products or services subject of the booking contract with you, Antarctica Flights may immediately by written notice: (a) terminate the booking contract (in whole or in part); or (b) change your travel arrangements as reasonably practicable to ensure your safety and invoice you for any additional costs.
Limitation of Liability in the Event of Force Majeure In the event that Antarctica Flights cancels or changes your travel arrangements in any way due to a Force Majeure event, Antarctica Flights will not be liable to you in contract, tort, statute or restitution for any loss (including, but not limited to, loss of deposit or purchase price and loss of enjoyment), damage, costs, charges, expenses or injury resulting from or in connection with (whether directly or indirectly): (a) the cancellation or change to your travel arrangements; or (b) the Force Majeure event. Antarctica Flights is not liable to refund any part of the deposit or purchase price paid by you if Antarctica Flights subsequently changes or cancels your travel arrangements in connection with a Force Majeure event.
Force Majeure events are unpredictable and beyond Antarctica Flights’s control. As you are required to purchase travel insurance to adequately protect yourself against these risks, your policy needs to respond to these risks.
You acknowledge and accept that these terms are reasonably necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Antarctica Flights based on expected non-recoverable costs and expenses to be incurred by Antarctica Flights, including but not limited to overhead expenses and works or services performed personally by Antarctica Flights, leading up to the commencement of the holiday package, alternatively prior to the Force Majeure event.
IF YOU NEED TO CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY
Cancellation Fees If you cancel, the following fees will apply;
1. Between confirmation and 56 days prior to departure – full refund less AU$300 per passenger cancellation fee.
2. Between 55 days and 28 days prior to departure – full refund less 50% cancellation fee.
3. Between 27 days and departure date – no refund.
Amendment/transfer Your ticket can be transferred to another person up to 24 hours prior to departure by contacting Antarctica Flights. An AU$100 name change service fee per change will apply. This same service fee will apply for change of class.
IF WE NEED TO CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY
Antarctica Flights endeavours to provide you with all the services confirmed to you at the time of your booking. However, we plan arrangements a long time in advance of your departure date using independent suppliers such as airlines, etc., over whom we have no direct control. On occasion changes do have to be made, and Antarctica Flights reserves the right to cancel or amend holiday packages accordingly.
Travel Documents Travel Documents Trip information and e-documents will be emailed to you approximately 3-4 weeks before the flight, providing full payment has been received.
Seat Numbers Will not be confirmed in advance of the flight. They will be issued on your boarding pass at the departure airport.
Personal Belongings and Lost Items For security reasons, valuables should be kept to a minimum. It is your responsibility to look after your property at all times and you must ensure you are adequately covered by comprehensive travel insurance in the event of any loss.
Disruption to the Flight The flight route and information is intended as a guide only and is subject to alteration without notice. Alternations may be necessary for various reasons including, without limitation, weather conditions, strikes, airline schedule changes or other reasons beyond Antarctica Flights control.
Antarctica Flights will not be liable for any direct or indirect costs that you incur as a result of any event or other factor beyond our control which necessitates a change in your flight.
Antarctica Flights cannot guarantee exact arrival and departure times for carriers and operators used by Antarctica Flights and Antarctica Flights will not be liable for failure to make connections with any other services or attractions beyond its control.
ON RETURN FROM YOUR HOLIDAY
1. Our holiday packages include the services of independent providers, such as airlines and other operators, who are not agents, servants or employees of Antarctica Flights. Although we take care in selecting the independent service providers, Antarctica Flights is not responsible for the conduct of the independent service providers, their servants and agents or for any ramifications of that conduct.
2. If, in the opinion of any representative of Antarctica Flights, your mental or physical condition, or general behaviour is such as to affect your own health and safety, render you incapable to care for yourself, cause you to become a hazard to yourself or other passengers or result in you becoming objectionable to other passengers or staff, you will not be permitted to embark or continue on the whole or any part of the holiday package. Antarctica Flights representatives are empowered to ask guests to depart a holiday package if they are displaying known COVID-19 symptoms. Abuse or harassment of any kind toward crew, contracted suppliers or other guests may result in immediate removal from a holiday package. Guests will be responsible for arranging and paying for their own transport home if they are asked to leave. Antarctica Flights is not liable to you for any costs associated with such decision and you will not be refunded for any part of the holiday package.
3. Antarctica Flights accepts no responsibility for any death, injury, illness, loss (including loss of enjoyment), damage, detention or delay (including mechanical breakdown) beyond its control.
4. Any term, condition or warranty express or implied by statute or otherwise in respect of the holiday packages are excluded to the full extent permitted by law. Nothing in these booking conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as amended, consolidated, supplemented or replaced.
5. To the full extent permitted by law, Antarctica Flights liability arising under or in connection with these booking conditions: (a) is limited to the resupply of the products or services or the payment of the cost of resupply of the products or services to you; and (b) excludes liability for any indirect or consequential losses suffered by you or any third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to pure economic loss or any special, extraordinary or punitive damage to you or any other party.
6. Your travel agent will forward deposits and other payments to us on your behalf, but your travel agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of deposits and subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by us and the travel agent has no authority expressed or implied to receive monies on our behalf. There is no liability on the part of Antarctica Flights in respect to any monies paid to your travel agent, unless and until Antarctica Flights notifies you (by way of a booking confirmation advice or payment receipt advice) that monies have been received by Antarctica Flights. Antarctica Flights reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by Antarctica Flights within the specified time.
7. The photographs appearing in the brochure and on the website are representational only and are not a guarantee that everything will be exactly as depicted at the location upon arrival. Whilst every endeavour will be made to adhere to the proposed route, weather conditions may determine the actual route, according to the absolute discretion of the Captain of the aircraft. No guarantee can be given of clear viewing conditions and no refund or part refund will be made if the views are fully or partially obscured. Alternative routes will be selected to give the best viewing if the planned route has unfavourable weather conditions.
Governing Rule The charter proposal set out herein and the participants’ acceptance by completion of the registration form creates an agreement between the Charter Manager and the participants subject to the law of the State of Victoria. The registration forms part of this documentation.
Special Note A Qantas 787 aircraft will operate all flights; however, other Qantas aircraft may be substituted without notice. Frequent flyer points do not apply. Depending on prevailing weather conditions the points of interest viewed may vary. Alternative flight paths may enable viewing of many spectacular points of interest but clear views cannot be guaranteed.
Smoking Smoking is not permitted onboard.
Responsible Service of Alcohol Qantas staff are trained in the responsible service of alcohol and are obliged by law to refuse service to any guest who, in their reasonable opinion appears to be intoxicated or behaves in an aggressive or offensive manner.
Service Enquiries If a problem occurs during your holiday you should, in your own interests, advise your Flight Manager so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter. If you remain dissatisfied, any complaint must be made in writing to Antarctica Flights within 30 days.
Photos/Videos Photographs or videos of the flight may be used for promotional purposes. Agreeing to these terms online and acceptance of the documents indicates your acceptance and release for this material to be used for promotional and/or resale purposes.
Airline Levy Airline fuel and/or security levies may apply.
Antarctica Flights: Level 4, 1230 Nepean Highway, Cheltenham, Victoria 3192, Australia. ATAS Accreditation #A11188